– Training Bible Cycling & Bicycle Heaven host the 6th race of the series this week at Anderson Park in Campton Hills. You can see a video of the course, and Jason’s awesome socks, here. The start/finish is at 4:51 in the video. The course is almost exactly as it was last year. Fast and flowy!
– The equipment pit is a tough one to access so leave yourself some time to get there, and if possible drop your stuff off between races.
– Save yourself some time and sleep in your Halloween garb on Saturday night. We’re looking forward to seeing your creative, clever and inappropriate costumes. As always there will be a prize for the best costume as selected by us.
– A local food vendor will have breakfast sandwiches, Award-winning Ream’s Brats, vegetarian options and more. Coffee is available from local FreshGround Roasting. Stop at one of the great restaurants in downtown Geneva or Wasco for a second dinner on your way home. Fill up your Penrose Brewing Company podium award while you’re stopping in or driving through Geneva, and note that their Sunday hours are 1-5 PM.
– Bring plenty of water as there are no water fountains on site. No alcohol in the park.
– So we may continue to use this great venue please do not drive in the grass if it’s wet, and please keep tents out of the low area between the woods and the baseball fields. We ask that you warm up on a trainer, the Great Western Trail and/or the neighborhood just North of the park (see map). Please stay off the baseball and soccer fields.
– Please be CAREFUL and patient at the pedestrian crossing leading to registration. This is a very fast part of the course. The best spectating is in the woods or near the playground on the south side of the crushed limestone path. You’ll find suggested tent areas on the map.
– We’re looking forward to seeing you all, and thanks to the racers and spectators for supporting Campton Cross and the CCC.